Wednesday, June 9, 2010

May 2010

Quote
“Men and women who turn their lives to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds… lift their spirits. Multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and poor out peace.”
President Ezra Taft Benson

This Month

We put our home up for sale and had an offer on it within one week. I’m sure glad we didn’t accept it. I’m really enjoying our home right now and not sure if I really want to sell it.

Tytan’s first grade program


Chase’s kindergarten graduation – He was the leader of the pledge of allegiance.
(I’m so sad I forgot the camera)

Happy to end the school year and looking forward to spending the summer staying home with the kids.

Saturday I ran my first 5k race. It was a fundraiser for my school. Nate took 3rd. I ran with my cute co worker Amy Darrington. I was quite worried about it being complete torture but Amy made it fun. I ran the whole way and didn’t walk. Later that day Nate and I found a crib for Journey then Nate took me out to eat to a Brazilian restaurant. It was really fun to try something new with Nate.

Mother’s day: I love mother’s day. I never thought much of school / Church / homemade mother’s day gifts until I had children of my own – I love them. Chase and Tytan went to a primary activity Saturday and made mothers days gifts. They were flowers that we could clip in our hair. Chase hid his in his sock drawer until just the right time to give it to me. He was so excited to give me a mother’s day gift that it made me cry. I put the flower in my hair today for church. It made me feel so loved and lucky to have such wonderful children.

Sunday we had a wonderful relief society meeting. The presidency got up and talked about their mothers. I love to listen to peoples stories about their life. It made me want to be a better mother and it made me appreciate my mother and grandmother and all other women who have been motherly towards me. I love one quote that went something like this: Children are work…They are our greatest work). To me that is so true. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to teach and serve these little children. I hope that our family will always be close and my children will have warm memories of their childhood. After church we had Trent and his family, Lisa and her family, Angela, Kaye and Byron over for a Mother’s Day BBQ. It was nice. I love having the Moos families come over to our home for dinner. They are an easy group to have around. I’m so glad we have the opportunity to live close and build relationships with them.





The simple ways to enjoy life:
We didn’t do any much needed projects today and decided to just hang out with the kids without spending money. I loved how at the end of the day Tytan said this has been the best day ever. We went to the library, the park, spent some time at Grandma and Grandpa’s home, and then we came home played outside in our backyard. We wrapped the day up with a movie and popcorn in the basement.

Journey Story: At church today Journey was quite wiggly as usual. She started to get tired toward the end of the meetings but I couldn’t get her to hold still long enough to fall asleep. She was laughing one minute and rubbing her eyes and crying the next. Finally her little head just fell in my hands. She went from jumping up and down in my lap to instantly asleep in my arms. Grandma Kaye said Nate was just like that. She said he would go and go and go until he just conked out in the stinkbug position somewhere. She told the story of Nate walking down the hall and in one stride falling right asleep in the middle of the hallway on the floor.





Getting her to hold still for a picture in nearly impossible.


2 comments:

Ondriawfd said...

Cute pictures! Your kids are super cute. Why are you guys selling your house? It's fun to see a new post.

Jen and Nate said...

Nate is thinking about more school. (not in Utah)
It's fun to see your families adventure.